November 27, 2012

Holy crap... It has been a long time since I have updated this. The last time I posted anything on here was when I was making my way to Wyoming with my brother. Tracking all the food and beer that we were tasting along the way. Since then I have moved back east to the great state of Pennsylvania. I am currently slinging great desserts and great dishes at the restaurant Nap's Cucina Mia! Greatest place on earth, greatest people on earth. My second family.
We are currently working on opening a new restaurant/market/wine bar next to the existing restaurant. I can not wait. It is coming along beautifully. The space looks great and is coming together very quickly. I hope that we can really bring Indiana a fresh new place that serves awesome wines, beers and antipasti.



I need to start compiling lists of beers that I feel we should carry/rotate. Also I need to start working on menu items. Nick and I are working together to get this stuff done but I feel like I should make my own lists on my own time and then when we get together to discuss offer up my ideas and hope that they are good.

Lately I have been coming up with some awesome desserts, but I feel as though I am slipping into a rut. I have been working a theme where we do seasonal desserts. Some of which are ones we have done before, but I always try to work in a new one that I have never done. I need some inspiration. I need more books to reference for ideas, what books though? This is that tough part... I don't know where to find some good reference material. The internet is a great place to find inspiration but when you don't know what your looking for specifically, it is often times easier to flip through the pages of a great cookbook and find something that catches your eye. If anyone has any suggestions for a good Italian cookbook please let me know. I reference a lot of Mario Batali cookbooks. Mainly because he knows how to really make certain ingredients really shine. He doesn't over do it.

Well this got drug out. Not much about beer in this post but I think this blog is taking a turn to food and beer as opposed to just beer. Until next time, enjoy a cold one and cheers!





ps. Expect a post about one of the most interestingly bad beers I've ever tasted... I'll give you a hint: Breakfast items.

No comments:

Post a Comment